Saturday, June 30, 2007

A bit about me!

Thought I would take the plunge and let you get to know me outside of PNI.

I grew up in Ayrshire on the west coast of scotland with mum, dad and younger brother James. We had a lovely, quite priviliged life, full of laughter and love. As children we never wanted for anything!
When I was 13, my dad died suddenly, and for a while, my world came crashing down around me. I have to admit to going off the rails somewhat, but nothing too serious - that I'll admit to anyway lol!
At 14, just after my O levels, we moved to Ireland, as mum felt the need to be with her own mother. Although not deleriously happy about it to begin with, I soon settled in and made some life long friends.
After my A levels, I saw an advert for au pairs in america on a friday, had interview following friday, and was on a plane to New York the next friday!!! I don't hang about me lol!
Spent a wonderful 2 yrs there, and only came back as I had serious bout of pneumonia, and the medical bills there are astronomical.

So, then decided to train as a nurse. Applied to large, highly respected hospital in scotland, was accepted and started my training in aug 1996.

In Feb 1997, while waiting for a taxi, went into tv lounge in student halls, and saw the most gorgeous person I had ever seen.

He decided to come with us, and in Aug 2001 we married!

Spent a lot of time and energy trying to get pg, ( will tell the clomid story sometime), and just as we were about to give up hope, Lewis was born on 16th Jan 2005, followed by C.J. on 23rd June 2006.

So, that takes me up to PNI and meeting you lovely ladies.

2 Comments:

Blogger HIV and Us said...

Thank you helenr for sharing a bit about yourself with us - I know it can be daunting to do this. is your 'gorgeous person a medical person too? He must be lovely.

Veritee xx

12:30 pm  
Blogger helenr said...

Hi Veritee,

yes he is a medical person too. He is my rock and my soulmate. He's not big on saying much emotionally, but took 6mnths off work to look after me when I was really ill.
Actions definately speak louder than words!

Love Helen x

9:39 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home