Thursday, March 02, 2006

Bionic Leg


I said I would post a picture of my amazing new removable cast - its called an 'aircast' and it is therapeutic in that it helps preserve bone and stops the muscles wasting as they might if I wore an ordinary cast for too long.

Anyway I thought I might as well start from scratch with a picture history of my leg decorations since my accident in 2003

Left is the original and horrible Ilizarov Frame/External Fixator

I wore for nearly a year

- horrible really!

I was going to say do not show your children but I found that children are actually often fascinated by it. It was the adults who fainted!

Then I had my ankle fused to my leg in January and this is the lovely pink cast I had at first.

And below is me when I was abandoned in a car park by Barry the other day when we were out - he did collect me eventually - what do you think of my matching my clothes and hair colours to my cast?

Well you have to try!!

I now have this amazing boot thing - which I will now wear for some time . Its an amazing item. The tubes are to pump air into special support sacks, they gave me a pump and full instructions!

Whatever will I have to wear next!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home